Transcript Evaluation Service

Students with external coursework, coursework completed at colleges and universities outside the San Mateo County Community District (SMCCCD), should use Transcript Evaluation Service (TES) to determine how it will be applied to the following educational goal(s) at (CaƱada College/College of San Mateo/ Skyline College):

  • Certificate or associate degree major requirements
  • Associate degree general education requirements
  • California State University General Education (CSU GE) certification
  • Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) certification

TES will complete a transcript evaluation of lower-division degree-applicable external coursework, which serves as official response from the SMCCCD.

The external coursework will be included in the student's academic history and awarded the same unit value (or quarter-to-semester unit equivalent) and grade (or grade point value) as listed on the external transcript. Evaluated coursework defined by the external institution as lower than a C (2.0) will have limitations for prerequisite, certificate, associate degree major, CSU GE certification and/or IGETC certification requirements.

To request a transcript evaluation a student must:

  • Plan to complete a certificate, associate degree, CSU GE certification and/or IGETC certification within the SMCCCD
  • Be enrolled in a class at a SMCCCD college
  • Have a combination of previously completed and currently enrolled courses equaling 6 units in the SMCCCD
  • Submit all official transcripts to the Office of Admissions & Records at your home college
  • Update student information on WebSMART with your current and accurate educational goal

NOTE: Students who completed all coursework in the SMCCCD should not request a transcript evaluation since the service only reviews coursework from outside the SMCCCD.

For more information, visit the District Transcript Evaluation Service website or call (650) 574-6234.