Meet with a CSM counselor to discuss how to achieve academic goals and to develop a comprehensive student educational plan (SEP).
University Transfer Program
60 – 70 transferable units
California State University
University of California
Independent Colleges and Universities
The College of San Mateo Music Department provides a creative environment where every student may become enriched through an active association with the art of music and a faculty who are active in the music profession. The Music Department places strong emphasis upon performance as well as harmony, ear training, and composition, thus providing students with a strong musical foundation.
The Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer offers students the opportunity to attain the basic skills and knowledge required for further undergraduate study and careers in music. It is intended to provide an expedited path for transfer into the CSU system for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students completing an Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer are guaranteed admission to the CSU system, but not to a particular campus or major.
Students transferring to a CSU campus that accepts the Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transfer to earn a bachelor's degree. This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus, or a college or university that is not part of the CSU system, or those who do not intend to transfer. Students should consult with a College of San Mateo counselor when planning to complete the degree for further information on university admissions and transfer requirements.
To earn an AA-T degree, students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 CSU transferable units;
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework;
- Complete a minimum of 18 units in an "AA-T" major. Note: All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A "P" (Pass) grade is not an acceptable grade for the courses in the major.
- Completion of the California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Curriculum (IGETC) pattern.
|Required Core Courses: 20 units||Units|
|MUS. 111||Musicianship I||1 unit|
|MUS. 112||Musicianship II||1 unit|
|MUS. 113||Musicianship III||1 unit|
|MUS. 114||Musicianship IV||1 unit|
|MUS. 131 *||Harmony I||3 units|
|MUS. 132||Harmony II||3 units|
|MUS. 133||Harmony III||3 units|
|MUS. 134||Harmony IV||3 units|
|MUS. 501||Studio Lessons I (Applied Music I)||1 unit|
|MUS. 502||Studio Lessons II (Applied Music II)||1 unit|
|MUS. 503||Studio Lessons III (Applied Music III)||1 unit|
|MUS. 504||Studio Lessons IV (Applied Music IV)||1 unit|
- California State University General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE Breadth),
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC/CSU) pattern
Please refer to Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Requirements for more information.