Credit and Refund Policy
Enrollment Fee / Nonresident Tuition Fee / Health Services Fee / Parking Fee
Students who officially withdraw from all courses, or reduce their program prior to the first class meeting or by the course deadline date will receive credit toward future fees for the full amount of all fees paid for those classes. To view deadline date, check course in WebSMART. For all courses dropped after the deadline, these fees are not refundable unless an action of the College (e.g., class cancellation) prevents a student from attending class. Parking permit fees are not refundable.
Student Body Fee and Student Representation Fee
Students enrolling during the normal registration period in semester-long classes may request a waiver or a refund of the Student Body Fee and/or the Student Representation Fee through the last day to drop semester-long classes (see Important Dates). Students enrolling after the end of this deadline may request a waiver or a refund of these fees within one (1) week of completing registration. Students enrolled only in short courses have until the first class session to request a waiver or refund of these fees. Students requesting a waiver or a refund of the Student Body Fee and/or the Student Representation Fee must do so in-person at the Center for Student Life & Leadership Development in Building 17.
Variable Unit Courses
No enrollment fee or non-resident tuition refund or credit will be available to students enrolled in variable unit courses who earn fewer units of credit than the number for which they originally registered. Students earning additional units will be charged accordingly.
- Credit balances remain on student accounts for a maximum of five (5) years.
- Refunds are NOT issued automatically. A student may either choose to maintain a credit balance on account or contact the Business Office (Building 10, Room 360, (650) 574-6412) to arrange for a refund.
- Fees paid by personal check require 30 days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed.
- To be eligible for a credit or refund, a student must officially withdraw from a course within the stated deadline. To view deadline date, check course in WebSMART. A withdrawal initiated by an instructor may NOT result in a credit or refund.
- Fees will be credited or refunded if an action of the College (e.g., class cancellation) prevents a student from attending.