The San Mateo County Community College District Study Abroad Program offers students of all ages the opportunity to study and live abroad. Students can earn up to 12 units towards an A.A./A.S. degree which are transferable to the California State University System, the University of California System and most private colleges and universities. Upcoming study abroad destinations include:
- Global (Virtual) Internships: Fall 2021, Summer 2022, and Spring 2022. Intern internationally from home. Past and proposed locations include team-based remote internships with companies in Austrailia, Canada, England, India, Japan, South Africa, or the U.S. (New York or the San Francisco Bay Area).
- Campus France: Students who complete an A.A./A.S. in Business or a related field from College of San Mateo may be eligible to transfer to the Rennes School of Business to finish their B.A. in one year in France.
- Semester Abroad Program: Temporarily suspended due to Covid-19. We hope to resume our semester abroad program starting Fall 2022. Programs to Italy, Spain, and England.
- Short-Term Study Abroad Courses: Temporarily suspended due to Covid-19. We hope to resume in-person summer programs starting Summer 2022 to Costa Rica, Italy, and Spain.
- Global Internships (in-person): Temporarily suspended due to Covid-19. We hope to resume in-person international internships around the world starting Summer 2022. Locations TBD.
- Community Travel: Not-for-credit educational travel tours for adults and lifelong learners – Locations for 2021 coming soon - please check the District Community Travel Program website for up-to-date information.
Financial aid and scholarships are available for eligible students for Global Virtual Internships, Semester Abroad, Short-Term Study Abroad, Global Internships, and Campus France. Early planning is advisable. For more information and eligibility requirements, visit the District Study Abroad website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.